The hectic festive season is upon us. Penzance retailers and businesses have been sharing their news on social media to let us know about their winter warming offers and events.
Using Twitter, Instagram and Facebook is a fantastic way for businesses to showcase their fabulous products and services. It’s also brillaint for retailers to engage with their customers and join in the conversations about the local area.
Penzance is currently ranked at 65 in the Digital Influence Index. The more we all use the #Penzance and #wdyt hashtags the higher the ranking will get. This means more shoppers will consider Penzance for their Christmas shopping.
Here are some highlights:
- Jubilee Pool has quite literally been warming up for winter with their new geothermal project. They have drilled down 410 meters and found the water even hotter than expected, which is exciting news for the reopening in 2019. They have shared more about the project on their Instagram.
- The Edge of The World Bookshop have been celebrating their well deserved coverage in The Guardian this week. It’s the perfect place to visit for Christmas shopping, There’s something for everyone and you will be supporting a fabulous local business.
- The Mexico Inn have launched their festive menu. Get in touch to book your table.
- Etsy Makers Cornwall are having their annual Christmas fair at The Guildhall in St Ives 30th Nov – 2nd Dec. Including a fabulous preview evening with cocktails and live music. One not to be missed if you like to shop small and sustainable for Christmas.
- Newlyn Filmhouse have some festive films coming up, including The Nutcracker and A Christmas Carol. Perfect for a cosy festive evening.
- And Shine in Penzance have been showcasing some fabulous festive treats on Instagram including this beautifully stylish advent calendar.
- Vintage Home Live are now offering gift vouchers to make your Christmas shopping easier.
- Have a look at Love Penzance’s blog for lots of Christmas highlights including the lights switch on, markets and the lantern parade.
Whether you’re a retailer or a shopper we would love to have you involved. Be sure to post and tag using #WDYT and #WestCornwall or #Penzance and we’ll share your tweets across our channels.
How long do you spend researching something online before you buy it? Take our quick survey and you could win a Jo Malone full size candle.