Penzance is often called the gourmet capital of Cornwall and it’s hard to disagree when you consider all the foodie hot spots we have here. A whole host of extremely talented chefs in the area take their inspiration from the sea. They use the fabulous local produce available (Newlyn harbour is just down the road) to create delicious, innovative menus in their restaurants.
Just a few of these chefs are renowned Cornish chefs Bruce Rennie at The Shore and Ben Tunnicliffe at The Tolcarne Inn. Not forgetting the delicious offerings at The Mexico Inn, The Old Coastguard and The Cornish Barn. Polgoon vineyard produces amazing Cornish wine and there’s wonderful cafes, cosy pubs and exciting pop up supper clubs and events too.
Social media is a great way for all of these businesses to spread the word and make sure Penzance remains on the foodie map. Sharing mouth watering pictures definitely encourages people to visit and It also helps increase the digital influence of Penzance which this week has risen again to 63, great work Penzance!
Here are some of our food and drink highlights from this month:
- There have been some fabulous supper clubs happening this month at the Newlyn Exchange Cafe. One from Punk Thai was particularly popular.
- The Shore Restaurant was a grand finalist in the Trencherman’s Guide Best chef award.
- Ben Tunicliffe showcases his simple but perfect fish and chips, fresh from the fish market in Newlyn.
- Roddas clotted cream has been shortlisted for an award and there has been another ‘jam first’ debate with Dawn French getting involved!
- The Mexico Inn have some delicious food and cocktails on offer this Autumn.
- Newlyn Filmhouse have been tempting us with pictures of their beautiful seasonal cocktails on Instagram.
- Bruce Rennie, chef at The Shore Restaurant shared a picture of his lunch from Pica Rico, another great Penzance cafe to try!
Whether you’re a retailer or a shopper we would love to have you involved. Be sure to post and tag using #WDYT and #WestCornwall or #Penzance and we’ll share your tweets across our channels.