As the heat of the record breaking summer is fading away, Tewkesbury is gearing up for the new season with new offers in stores and plenty of events to look forward to. Take a look at some of our Autumn shopping finds and tell us #WDYT? (What Do You Think?)
This summer, social media has been used in Tewkesbury by its many independent stores to spread the word about high street finds, things to do all places to be. All this has taken the town to 55th in the Digital Influence Index which ranks 1300 towns and cities nationwide for their social media output.
A shout out to Roses Theatre, the Bell Tewkesbury, Theoc House, Tewkesbury Park, Tewkesbury Card and Gifts and John Moore Museum. They have topped the retailer rankings this month for social media output boosting the digital voice of Tewkesbury.
Our research tells us that the great the digital output the stronger the boost to footfall in town.
Take a look at some recent highlights:
- Cafe au Chocolat ran a series of chocolate making workshops for kids and grown ups through the holidays which were a sell out with many happy chocolate smiles as a result. We’re looking forward to the new chocolate creations being launched which they have been teasing us with on social media.
- Tewkesbury Sweets and Treats have been on tour during the summer attending the Tewkesbury Medieval Festival, Tewkesbury Food Festival and the regular Saturday markets. They were often found selling their ice-cream down by the river too. Now working with Tewkesbury Treats you can find a range of delicious bakes, slices and brownies in store as well as their usual range of sweets and treats.
- Tewkesbury Cards and Gifts entertain us with their regular ‘dog of the day’ posts, and enchant us with their pictures of items to find in store. How about the sweet and funny Cow Art placemats by Sam Morris or their range of leather jackets?
- Tewksbury Cards & Gifts also ran a competition with WDYT to win a leather Rowallan wallet. There was a fantastic response giving them a 43% increase in followers.
- Tewkesbury Mustard ran a competition working with WDYT to promote a yummy mustard gift set. A brilliant 18% increase on Instagram was achieved.
- Sapphire Gifts have been re-arranging their shop and now have a whole room dedicated to dragons, skulls and wolves.Yikes! We love the eclectic range of gift finds in this fabulous store which they regularly share through their social media.
- Follow Tewkesbury Abbey for updates on what’s on in the Abbey. Music recitals, tower tours and fabulous gifts and home made soups and cakes have been enticing us in this summer.
- Tewkesbury 1471 have been promoting their summer walks with their Battlefield Guides around Tewkesbury. Their evening walks move to Sundays now though the winter with the first on 7th October at 2.30pm.
- 53 Church Street is a stunning self catering apartment well positioned for visitors to use in Tewkesbury. Their regular social media posts showing their stunning rooms and views and what’s on in town are keeping their bookings high.
- This September the Heritage Open Days will be giving visitors a chance to access buildings for free. These include John Moore Museum, Tewkesbury Museum, Merchant’s House, Old Baptist Chapel. Also listed are Tewkesbury Methodist Church, St Nicholas Church Ashchurch, Royal Hop Pole, Berkeley Arms Pub, Tudor House Hotel, Masonic Hall and Tewkesbury Town Hall.
The WDYT campaign is active in Tewkesbury to support it’s retailers and high street businesses to use Social Media and boost their digital signposting and draw in shoppers.
Sign up for free daily tips to make it easier or let us know if you’d like us to drop in on our next walk about.