Penzance joined the #WDYT campaign last month and has already risen from 96 to 75 in the Digital Influence Index rankings, with even more retailers signing up and getting involved.
The Digital Influence Index ranks 1,300 towns and cities in the UK, taking into account audience size, message volume and engagement. It measures daily activity that occurs across social media networks from a total of 150,000 high street business locations across the UK.The updated and improved Digital Influence Index now includes Twitter, Facebook and Instagram data.
#WDYT is all about sharing the great things on offer via social media. It helps retailers reach more people to showcase the wonderful things they sell and maximising both the town’s and individual retailer’s digital influence.
A few of the highlights from the last 2 weeks are:
- Make Industries are always showcasing their wonderful local produce, including a yummy Seville Orange, grapefruit and lemon marmalade.
- Penlee Theatre have been shouting about all the fabulous shows they have on over the Summer. The ‘Caraburlesque’ night looked like a fun highlight.
- It’s nearly back to school time so we’ve searched the streets of Penzance to find some useful additions and essentials to your shopping list. Have a look at our fantastic Back to School collection including some of our great local independents shops
- Vintage Home Living is a wonderful furniture store and stocks a huge range of eco friendly Earth Born paints.
- We love the drop pendants, cast in sand by Justin Duance Jewellery.
- Medusa Piercings are sharing their beauty treatments and piercings available on Twitter.
- We are loving the feature in The Sunday Times Travel Magazine all about Penzance’s quirky shops, enchanting gardens, alluring seafront and cool hotels featuring some great local businesses.
- #WDYT celebrates Number 36 gaining a huge 9250% increase in Twitter followers thanks to our recent competition.
- We love seeing all the wonderfully inspiring art from The Newlyn Exchange Gallery in Penzance, particularly on Instagram. Have you been to the Rose Wylie exhibition yet?
- Family run furniture retailer Alfred Smith and Son have just signed up with #WDYT and started out on Instagram, we can’t wait to see what they share.
Whether you’re a retailer or a shopper we would love to have you involved. Be sure to post and tag using #WDYT and #WestCornwall or #Penzance and we’ll share your tweets across our channels.