#WDYT (What do you think?) used a flamingo ornament from from House In To Home to help grow their online audience and to help draw new customers to their Cotgrave store.
- 793 customers retweeted, commented, and liked the campaign on Twitter.
- A 552% increase in twitter followers were gained. Going from 44 to 287.
- 11,369 impressions were gained on Twitter.
- There was a reach of 4,090 people on Facebook.
- There were 73 reactions gained through Facebook.
- There was a 98% increase in Instagram followers. Going from 20 to 102.
All of this was achieved in 14 days with a simple prize – a flamingo ornament.
How did we do it?
We used the #WDYT social media audiences to promote a simple competition mechanic across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- @HeyWDYT tweeted about the campaign to their 9,330 Twitter followers.
- @HeyWDYT posted onto their Facebook page, which has an audience of 4,694.
- The #WDYT campaign was also shared with our 2,694 followers on Instagram.
To enter on Facebook and Instagram, consumers had to to like and comment on the post. We also asked them if they would like to tag a friend to learn about the competition as well, helping to grow the reach of the campaign even further.