This week’s Digital Influence Index has seen lots of movement between over 1,300 towns and cities but Gloucester has held strong at 12th position. This is important because towns or cities that keep their digital influence stay more attractive to shoppers & support our valuable high streets.
It’s been a busy period in #Gloucester with independent retailers and cafes using social media to let people know what’s going on in store and in the City. The Project Pilgrim regeneration of the magnificent Gloucester Cathedral is another reason to visit the City with the freshly restored Cathedral Green adding a space for calm, despite being on the doorstep of the City’s shops.
Here’s some recent highlights:
- #WDYT worked with a local Gloucester company The Rugged Beard Company to grow their online audience and draw new customers. The competition ran over 14 days and generated 66 comments on Instagram, 123 reactions on Facebook and 5,727 impressions on Twitter. This was all achieved with a beard conditioning gift set as the prize. Read more here.
- Our current Gloucester Spring collection from local Independent stores in town has generated plenty of reaction. If you’d like a chance to win your favourite item from the collection, add your thoughts here.
- Jane’s Pantry celebrated a revamp of its Churchdown store and introduced a healthy new salad bar to entice shoppers in. They regularly making our mouths water with pictures of delicious cakes including their made to order celebration cakes.
- Blue Bamboo regularly post to all their social media channels and this month have opened up their sun terrace with beautiful views of the Docks. It’s not all sport at this popular venue with delicious cocktails being served and good value meal deals – £7 for chicken, chips and a pint!
- The Crow’s Nest regularly use social media to help spread the word about their freshly homemade food, particularly their vegan offering and celebration cakes.
- Cavern Glos (part of KFT Seekers) has been nominated for Cafe of the Year in the SoGlos awards. A brilliant achievement!
- The Gloucester Beer Festival shared many images on Twitter including the build up, throughout the Festival and the clear up! A fantastic event for the city. See you back in 2019!
- Friday’s Farmers Market on The Cross regularly includes Pippins Doughnuts, Funky Falafel and Marinades Carribean. If you are a market trader, add #WDYT and #Gloucester to your tweets and we help spread the word.
- The Candle Tree has been sharing their great Vineyard collection of candles with scents of your favourite tipple, along with locally produced cards and jewellery. Plenty of treats for you or gifts for anyone in this fabulous independent store. Sign up for their regular blogs too!
There is plenty on in Gloucester during the Bank Holiday weekends. If you’re out and about in the City, don’t forget to post pictures of your favourite finds – add #WDYT and #Gloucester to your posts and you have a chance to win it!
If you are a store in Gloucester looking for support with your social media channels, we’ll be on walk about on Thursday 24th May. Let us know and we’ll pop in.