Tewkesbury is now ranked 51 out of 1,300 towns and cities in the UK Digital Influence Index, a fantastic rise of 364 places in the past twelve months.
The increased use of social media by the town’s retailers means greater digital engagement with existing and potential customers. By posting more, follower numbers tend to rise and a retailer’s reach is increased.
The #WDYT campaign aims to encourage retailers to use social media, a simple snap of something in-store can be posted across digital channels reaching hundreds of people in moments.
Tewkesbury’s retailers have been busy showcasing their Spring and Easter items and activities going on in town.
Take a look at some recent highlights:
- The Roses Theatre continues to be the top performing independent in town for Digital Influence closely followed by The Bell Hotel, Tewkesbury Mustard and Theoc House.
- Congratulations to Kershaw Bespoke Gifts, First Choice Recruitment and Kevin’s Butchers who have all gone up on the retailer index for Tewkesbury this month.
- Cafe au Chocolate have been promoting their handmade chocolate Easter eggs and their very popular Chocolate workshops – unfortunately just for the kids!
- Tewkesbury Cards & Gifts continue to showcase their extensive range of items including work by local artist Sam Morris and country themed homeware from @countrymatters1.
- Tewkesbury Cookshop have been busy showcasing their range of cake tins, new ranges of saucepans and mugs.
Many of our high street retailers have been showcasing their stores – see our Twitter moment for a round up of some of the highlights.
We will be coming to Tewkesbury for a walkabout on 17th May. If you are a retailer wanting to find out more about #WDYT, or are looking for support with social media, register here and we’ll drop by.