Cheltenham is currently the leading town in the UK for Digital Influence and is hot on the heels of seven larger cities including Edinburgh (3rd), Bristol (4th) and Manchester (7th). It is holding strong at 8th position, with an increase of two places this month and 15 since February 2017. Cheltenham is not only ahead of the major cities of Birmingham (9th) and Sheffield (10th), but several places higher than comparably sized places such as Oxford (28th) and Bath (21st).
Cheltenham has a whopping 598 retailers active on social media, many of whom have embraced #WDYT. They are part of a growing #WDYT National Campaign helping high streets increase their footfall through digital engagement. The campaign has seen a flurry of new retailers getting involved and a buzz of social media activity from the town, especially leading up to Valentine’s Day!
Just a few recent highlights are:
- Harriet Handbags is running a competition with #WDYT to win a gorgeous Leopard Heart Keyring.
- T2Tea Cheltenham has been tweeting about All Nighty Aphrodite Tea – have you tried it yet?
- Cotswold Grange Hotel has recently got involved with the campaign and offers the perfect treat for you and your loved one.
- Martin & Co Jewellers regularly share stunning images of their jewellery using the hashtag #WDYT. We particularly like their high quality images and that Martin & Co share other local retailers’ news too.
- Enticing tweets have been posted about giving the gift of relaxation with Shiatsu Cheltenham.
- Tokyo Tattoo showcased their awesome work, tagging in #WDYT so we can help spread the word.
- Andrew Scott have been posting wonderful gifts for your loved one (or just a treat for yourself!).
- Atelier 19 Cheltenham has just started including #WDYT in posts about their amazing bespoke bridal wear and accessories.
- Gloucestershire Guild of Craftsmen has used social media to show some fantastic, unique gifts.
A big welcome to all new retailers who have recently joined #WDYT – great having so many involved. Cheltenham shoppers and retailers alike, keep posting tagging #Cheltenham #WDYT and let’s keep leading the way for UK towns!