Congratulations Penzance! You’re currently ranked at #67 in the Digital Influence Index out of 1,300 towns and cities in the UK. An amazing rise from 96 when the #WDYT campaign started in the town. It’s worth noting that St Ives rank at #220 and Truro at 104. We think this is thanks to all the local businesses and organisations who are genuinely passionate about working together to improve Penzance and shouting about how great it is.
Penzance will be a fantastic ambassador when the campaign rolls out to the rest of West Cornwall in the next few months.
Here are some examples of Penzance working together to improve the digital influence of the town:
- DPN Launches its new project #growdigitalcornwall at The Vault to a large turnout of local businesses with some inspiring and informative talks. #WDYT were privileged to speak at this event. Digital Peninsula Network are now offering a wide range of funded training and workshops for local businesses.
- Penlee Theatre continue to be great advocates of Penzance. They are currently planning their 2019 season and want our input!
- Many local people and businesses have been sharing pictures of the stunningly beautiful sunny September days we’ve been having here in West Cornwall. Some examples here from Porthcurno beach cafe, Aspects Holidays and The National Trust.
- Penzance Bid has some exciting events coming up, including the Penzance Expo in October and plans for Christmas late night and Sunday shopping
- Famous chef Ben Tunnicliffe of The Tolcarne Inn Newlyn has been showcasing his delicious food on Twitter as well as some great national press coverage
- Jubilee pool celebrates the end of their Summer season with a dog day . They shared the news that they hit their 500k crowdfunding target to heat the pool all year round. This amazing project will not only ensure Jubilee Pool survives but also help to regenerate Penzance and West Cornwall.
- #WDYT West Cornwall continues to offer social media support and advice to local businesses, keep an eye out on our events page and Twitter for more drop ins or email to arrange an appointment.
Whether you’re a retailer or a shopper we would love to have you involved. Be sure to post and tag using #WDYT and #WestCornwall or #Penzance and we’ll share your tweets across our channels.