Tewkesbury has made a rapid rise this month in the Digital Influence Index by 7 places to 45 out of 1,300 towns and cities across the UK. This rise is a great achievement created by the social media contribution of the many independent stores & retail businesses on Tewkesbury’s shopping streets and around the town.
The Digital Influence Index is a nationwide index which measures the digital reach of a retailer, town or city online. It measures the follower numbers and messages sent by every retailer in the country on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Places that grow their digital influence increase their attractiveness to shoppers which our research proves will also deliver footfall and sales.
The #WDYT (What do you think?) campaign exists to encourage and support digital conversations with shoppers, retailers, towns and cities across the UK and can be found @Tewkesbury_WDYT on Twitter for Tewkesbury.
Take a look at some recent highlights:
- The recent #TewkesburyBigWeekend caused a buzz on Facebook and Twitter over the Bank Holiday weekend. This annual event included local festivities – a Dog Show, Street Entertainers, Katakanu Boat Racing and a Royal Wedding themed River Parade.
- Sapphire Gifts worked with #WDYT by offering a pair of flamingo earrings to help grow their online audience and draw new customers to their Tewkesbury store. The competition resulted in a 14% increase in Twitter followers, a reach of 1,293 people through Facebook & 81 likes and 79 comments on Instagram. Read more here.
- Top of the retailer index for Tewkesbury is Roses Theatre, who regularly post about their shows, cinema showings and workshops or exhibitions.
- Fastest risers this month on the Tewkesbury Retailer Index include: Tewkesbury Mustard (up 3 places), Jessop House (up 5 places), Tewkesbury Abbey (up 7 places), Cafe au Chocolat (up 15 places), Tewkesbury Cookshop (up 10 places), Sapphire Gifts (up 20 places), Rajshahi Restaurant (up 13 places), and Rage Hair Tewkesbury (up 49 places). These increases mean they have been posting more frequently and boosting their follower numbers – all benefiting the Digital Influence of Tewkesbury.
- For Fathers Day in June, take a look at this Tewkesbury collection of gift ideas from across town. These showcase the fantastic independent retailers and give a chance for one lucky shopper to win a collection item as a prize! Take a look here.
More store highlights include:
- Tewkesbury Cards and Gifts post daily across Facebook and Twitter from their extensive range of gifts ideas, cards and artwork and have been achieving some impressive reach results.
- Tewkesbury Park Hotel, along with their regular posts to share this luxury venue, have posted about their Pizza Pop Up nights and their recent nomination for the CHS Awards..
- Sapphire Gifts have now launched on online shop & have been sharing images of their craft kits for half term along with wallets and crystal pendants.
- Tewkesbury Cookshop are running a competition to provide a winning piece of artwork to feature on their next laptray design – details to be found on Facebook here.
- Cafe au Chocolat have been promoting their ever popular chocolate workshops over half term – why not follow them to find out when the next ones are planned?
- Sweets & Treats posted a gif for the Royal Wedding week inviting shoppers to post their best photo or video alongside their cardboard cutout of Meghan and Harry! Their video on Facebook alone received over 4,300 views. Take a look. Many local shoppers posted their pictures and a winner has been announced.
- First Choice Recruitment are keeping the job market busy in Tewkesbury with regular opportunities which they promote through all their social media channels.
Next month the Tewkesbury Medieval Festival will come to town on the 14th and 15th July. Thousands of reenactors, entertainers and traders from all over Europe will gather in Tewkesbury for Europe’s largest annual Medieval reenactment. Find out more here. Use the hashtag #TewkesburyMedievalFestival to share your moments.
It’s wonderful having so many retailers and shoppers involved with #WDYT – keep posting and tag #Tewkesbury #WDYT to spread the word about the great things in the town.