Stafford is holding steady at #23 out of 1,314 UK towns and cities in the Digital Influence Index this fortnight. But what exactly is the Digital Influence Index and how can Stafford move back up the rankings again?
The UK Digital Influence Index measures the follower numbers and messages sent by every retailer in the country. It is then possible to calculate the amount of online reach that each individual town has. The Index is important because towns that grow their digital influence become more attractive to shoppers, thereby increasing footfall.
Since the #WDYT campaign started in Stafford almost a year ago, it has achieved an overall move upwards of 97 places, and a high position of #22. To move further up in the Index, Stafford must ‘make more digital noise’ than the towns ahead of it, so every tweet and post by individual retailers really counts! A town is the sum of its retailers so working together with #WDYT is the answer to improving the ranking.
It has been a quiet couple of weeks in Stafford after the recent snow forced some local businesses to reluctantly shut their doors. However, improved weather and the arrival of Mother’s Day was enough to revive flagging spirits. Recent highlights of the #WDYT campaign include:
- Sainsbury’s ran a #WDYT competition to win a Home Riviera Ceramic Vase.
- Peccadillos successfully ran a #WDYT competition to win a WoodWick Trilogy Apple Festival candle which reached over 11,000 potential new shoppers.
- Windmill Chat broadcast their new Sunday Supplement radio show and launched their ‘Wee for Free’ campaign in Stafford.
- The Bear Grill held a successful Bottomless Burgers & Booze event with 28 bottles of Prosecco and 51 bottles of beer being enjoyed.
- The Swan advertised tickets for their upcoming Gin Night.
- The Red Lion suffered a snow closure for two days but bounced back for British Pie Week and shared details of their new Quiz Night.
- The Moat House promoted their Prosecco & Cheese Tasting event and Winemakers’ Dinner.
- The Door Company have been busy installing lots of new doors for Stafford customers and receiving five-star reviews.
- Cup a Cha held a special Mother’s Day afternoon tea and used #WDYT to help fill up tables with advance bookings.
- Beautiful held a charity fashion evening to showcase their new Spring stock.
- Dourish & Day celebrated their 1st Birthday in Stafford with drinks and cakes.
Retailers, remember to share all the wonderful things our high street offers with #WDYT so we can tell shoppers all about our great town and move up in the Digital Influence Index!