2018 is already an exciting year for the High Street in Cheltenham, which is celebrating its move up to 9th position in the UK Digital Influence Index. It’s another fantastic achievement for the town, which has jumped ahead of Sheffield (now 10th) and is hot on the heels of Birmingham in 8th position.
In recent months, Cheltenham has moved up 14 places and leads the way for digital activity – its position is ahead of many major cities in the Digital Influence rankings such as Liverpool (ranked 14th) and Cardiff (16th), and comparably sized cities like Oxford (28th) and Bath (21st).
There’s lots going on in the town this year including a major £700,000 facelift to the town centre, ongoing offers and events, plus Cheltenham retailers always have a range of fantastic things in store. All of this is being shared on social media by the town’s retailers and businesses: this has played a major contribution in the rise to 9th place in the Digital Influence Index, out of 1314 UK towns and cities.
Here’s a few of the wonderful things the town’s retailers, businesses and shoppers have been sharing via their social media feeds, tagging #WDYT:
- Vanilla Pod Bakery showcased their wonderful cakes, that look almost too good to eat!
- Harry Cook are helping everyone through #Tryanuary with their delicious ales.
- Keith Scarrott regularly convince us through awesome posts that we do indeed need just one more pair of boots.
- Retailers including Neals Yard Remedies and Cotswold Galleria shared the benefits of getting involved with #WDYT in the town.
- Flynns Brasserie had a wonderful recommendation shared via #WDYT by a Cheltenham shopper.
- Martin and Co Jewellers post everyday showcasing the stunning items they offer. Check them out if you have an upcoming birthday!
- Cheltenham BID share offers and updates on what’s going on in the town, including the Cheltenham Gift Card.
Happy New Year! Here’s to another wonderful year for Cheltenham’s shopping streets. Shoppers, if you spot something in the sales that you’d love for yourself, just post a picture tagging #WDYT and the retailer – you just might win it!