Cheltenham is ahead of many major cities in the Digital Influence ranking index, holding 11th place in the UK this week and increasing their ranking by 12 places overall this year.
To put this into context, Cheltenham now consistently ranks higher than larger cities like Liverpool (ranked 14th), Cardiff (16th) and Newcastle (18th) and comparably sized cities like Oxford (28th) and Bath (ranked 21st).
The recent cold weather has resulted in an opportunity for retailers to showcase the wonderful seasonal things they offer via the #WDYT campaign:
- Keith Scarrott is tempting customers with their gorgeous seasonal boots and currently running an exciting #WDYT competition to win a £50 voucher and style consultation.
- Hobbycraft Cheltenham is posting great pics of their festive range, reaching more people by tagging #WDYT into nine posts in three days this week already.
- Hotel DuVin Cheltenham is posting pictures of their delicious autumn/winter menu, tagging #WDYT to spread the word.
- Martin & Co Jewellers is posting lots of Christmas lists ideas, like snowflake diamonds and pearls, sharing 21 posts to their 6400 followers in the last day.
- Smokey Joes is posting great pics of their very tempting menu using #WDYT.
- Shiatsu Cheltenham gained a 54% increase in Twitter followers from a recent #WDYT competition and will soon be running another.
- Art Rocks UK’s is sharing inspirational, seasonal and fun tweets everyday.
Retailers like St Pauls Fish Bar have just set up a Twitter account and got involved with the #WDYT campaign straight away, immediately contributing to Cheltenham’s Digital Influence.
The next Cheltenham drop-in is on the 29th November, 12-2pm at The Swallow Bakery – even if you can spare 5 minutes, the #WDYT team would love to see you for a chat.